Frequently asked questions about SOUNDLINC.
4. Does SOUNDLINC require changes in the transmitter?
- 1. Does SOUNDLINC work only with LOCOLINC?
- Yes. SOUNDLINC was designed to work only with LOCOLINC KLR101, KLR102
and KLR105 locomotive receivers.
- 2. Will SOUNDLINC work with older locomotive receivers?
- 3. Does SOUNDLINC require an optoisolator for installation?
- Yes. Your current transmitters require new software. However this
is merely a change of
a part. Transmitters must be returned to an authorized
Keithco Installation Center for the change at no cost.
- 5. Does SOUNDLINC use synthesized sound?
- No. All sounds are based on actual digital recordings of actual locomotives.
- 6. Does SOUNDLINC produce only one sound at a time?
- No. SOUNDLINC produces multiple sounds, much like a real locomotive.
- 7. Will SOUNDLINC offer both steam and diesel sound modules?
- Yes. For an up-to-date list of steam and diesel modules, go to the
List of SOUNDLINC Modules.
- 8. Does SOUNDLINC require an external battery?
- 9. What gauges does SOUNDLINC support?
- All gauges, including HO.
- 10. Is SOUNDLINC DCC-compatible?
- No. SOUNDLINC has been designed to work only with LOCOLINC wireless
- 11. Does SOUNDLINC use the existing keypad of the transmitter?
- 12. Does the diesel module have 8 throttle notches?
- 13. Does SOUNCLINC have remote volume control?
For further information call, fax, or write us at:
Keithco, Inc., P.O. Box 1806, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035 USA.
Copyright 1998-2010, Keithco, Inc. All rights reserved. LOCOLINC is
a registered trademark and SOUNDLINC is a trademark of Keithco, Inc.
Phone: (503) 635-7604 Fax: (503) 699-0434
RETURN TO LOCOLINC HOMEPAGE